We are hosting the Loddon Showcase 2018 on 25 September from 12:30 to 4:00pm. This is an opportunity to present and learn about work related to the Loddon Observatory and Loddon catchment, and to network with stakeholders and UoR staff and students.
- 12:30-14:30: Networking and poster lunch. Poster abstracts invited.
- 14:30-15:00: 3-5min ‘madness’ presentations. Abstracts invited.
- 15:00-16:00: Oral presentations. Abstracts invited.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Anne Verhoef (Geography & Environmental Science, University of Reading), on monitoring and prediction of pasture quality and productivity from satellites, a project undertaken at the University’s Shinfield Farm.
- Jessica Ponting (Geography & Environmental Science, University of Reading), on her PhD project investigating the fate of potentially toxic elements in periodically flooded soils at the Loddon Floodplain Platform.
- Alister Leggatt (Affinity Water) and Amanda Ingham (Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust) on their Payment for Ecosystem Services project, developed to incentivise farmers as producers of clean water in catchment at risk of diffuse pollution upstream of drinking water pumping stations.