Date: 22nd July 2016, 15:00-17:00
Location: Sorby Room, Wager Building, University of Reading
Organised by: Joanna Clark, University of Reading. Funded by University of Reading Faculty Teaching & Learning Fund.
Thanks to everyone who attended the poster networking event to showcase student work from 2015-16. Posters presented below.
Loddon Catchment Consultancy (Part 2 Undergraduate Students)
- Fertiliser and pesticide use in gardens and farms in the Loddon Catchment
- Has urbanisation increased the flood risk in the Loddon Catchment?
- Farmer understanding of water quality and catchment hydrology
- Viability of building a natural swimming pond at Dinton Pastures
- Shepperlands Farm Nature Research: Measuring carbon stocks
Dissertations (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
- Exploring the link between soil organic matter quantity, quality and water retention
- Evaluating preparedness and flood risk perception
- Evaluating changing rainfall-runoff relationships in the Loddon Catchment
- Microplastic pollution in the River Loddon and the impact on water fleas
- Do gardens pose a greater risk to soil and water pollution than farms?
- Impact of extreme rainfall events on the mobility of potentially toxic elements in floodplains
- Impact of organic amendments on water retention and water quality
Placement Students (Part 2 Undergraduate Students)
- Designing collaborative agri-environmental schemes for the future of resource protections
- Monitoring nutrient flows in the River Loddon
Design (Part 3 Typography Professional Practice Student)